글로벌 일류 대학, 한림대학교
융·복합 교육을 통해 글로벌 인재를 양성합니다
글로벌 일류 대학, 한림대학교
융·복합 교육을 통해 글로벌 인재를 양성합니다
글로벌 일류 대학, 한림대학교
융·복합 교육을 통해 글로벌 인재를 양성합니다
글로벌 일류 대학을 향한 한림의
중장기 비전과 연차별 실천 전략
(Vision & Action 2016~2022 /
Vision & Action 2018~)
글로벌 일류 대학, 한림대학교
융·복합 교육을 통해 글로벌 인재를 양성합니다
• 1986 테네시대학교(미국 녹스빌) (박사-생화학)
• 1982 연세대학교(이학석사-생화학)
• 1980 연세대학교(이학사-생화학)
•2017.1.1 – 2017.12.31 한국유전학회 이사
•2016.8.11 – 현재 국가생명공학육성기본계획 기획위원
•2016.1.1 – 2017.12.31 한국뇌신경과학회 이사
•2015.8.5 – 2017.8.6 국가생명공학종합정책심의회 위원
•2015.8.1 – 2018.7.31 한국연구재단 생명과학단 책임전문위원(Chief Review Board)
•2014.1.1 – 2014.12.31 한국생화학분자생물학회 회장
•2013.11.25 – 2017.11.25 강원컨벤션뷰로 이사장
• 2014 – 현재 한국생화학분자생물학회 회장
• 2013 – 현재 강원도 국제회의산업지원센터 이사장
• 2012 – 2014 한림대학교 부총장
• 2011 – 2011 한국생화학분자생물학회 부회장
• 2010 – 2010 한국뇌신경과학회 회장
• 2007 – 2010 한림대학교 부총장
• 2006 – 현재 한국과학기술한림원 정회원
• 2006 – 2010 생화학분자생물학회학술지(BMB Reports) 편집위원장
• 2003 – 2007 한림대학교 교무연구처장
• 2002 – 2013 춘천바이오산업진흥원 이사
• 2002 – 2003 한림대학교 산학협력단장
• 1998 – 1999 한림대학교 기획처장
• 1994 – 1996 한림대학교 교무부처장
• 1987 – 1988 University of California, Berkeley, U.S.A연구원
■ 논문 (2012-2017년도)
• Hindsiipropane B alleviates HIV-1 Tat-induced inflammatory responses by suppressing HDAC6-NADPH oxidase-ROS axis in astrocytes
Biochemical Pharmacology 51, 394-399 (2018)
• Melatonin improves cognitive deficits via restoration of cholinergic degeneration in a mouse model of scopolamine-induced amnesia
ACS Chemical Neuroscience 9, 2016-2024 (2018)
• PEP-1-PEA15 suppresses inflammatory responses by regulation of MAPK in macrophages and animal models
Immunobiology 223, 709-717 (2018)
• Effects of scopolamine and melatonin cotreatment on cognition, neuronal damage, and neurogenesis in the mouse dentate gyrus
Neurochemical Research 43, 600-608 (2018)
• Phosphatidylethanolamine-binding protein 1 protects CA1 neurons against ischemic damage via ERK-CREB signaling in Mongolian gerbils
Neurochemistry International 118, 265-274 (2018)
• Protective effects of Tat-DJ-1 protein against streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetes in a mice model
BMB Reports 51, 362-367 (2018)
• PEP-1-glutaredoxin 1 protects hippocampal neuronal cells against oxidative stress via regulation of MAPK and apoptotic signal pathways
Molecular Medicine Reports 18, 2216-2228 (2018)
• Neuronal loss and gliosis in the rat striatum subjected to 15 and 30 minutes of middle cerebral artery occlusion
Metabolic Brain Disease 33, 775-784 (2018)
• Age-dependent decreases in insulin-like growth factor-I and its receptor expressions in the gerbil olfactory bulb
Molecular Medicine Reports 17, 8161-8166 (2018)
• Long-term treadmill exercise improves memory impairment through restoration of decreased synaptic adhesion molecule 1/2/3 induced by transient cerebral ischemia in the aged gerbil hippocampus
Experimental Gerontology 103, 124-131 (2018)
• The distribution of calbindinD-28k and parvalbumin immunoreactive neurons in the somatosensory area of the pigeon pallium.
Anatomia, Histologia, Embryologia 47(1), 64-70 (2018)
• Peroxyredoxin-2: A Novel regulator of iron homeostasis in ineffective erythropoiesis
Antioxidants and Redox Signaling 28(1), 1-14 (2018)
• Effects of chronic scopolamine treatment on cognitive impairment and neurofilament expression in the mouse hippocampus
Molecular Medicine Reports 17, 1625-1632 (2018)
• Effects of long‑term scopolamine treatment on cognitive deficits and calcium binding proteins immunoreactivities in the mouse hippocampus
Molecular Medicine Reports 17, 293-299 (2018)
• Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative effects of 3-(naphthalen-2-yl(propoxy)methyl)azetidine hydrochloride on β-amyloid-induced microglial activation
BMB Reports 50, 634-639 (2017)
• Neuroprotection and reduced gliosis by pre- and post-treatments of hydroquinone in a gerbil model of transient cerebral ischemia
Chemico-Biological Interactions 278, 230-238 (2017)
• Data demonstrating the role of peroxiredoxin 2 as important anti-oxidant system in lung homeostasis
Data in Brief 15, 376-381 (2017)
• The location of projection neurons to the biceps brachii muscle in the telencephalon of the pigeon
Anatomia, Histologia, Embryologia 46(6), 528-532
• Peroxiredoxin-2 plays a pivotal role as multimodal cytoprotector in the early phase of pulmonary hypertension
Free Radical Biology & Medicine 112, 376-386 (2017)
• Roles of HIF-1α, VEGF and NF-κB in ischemic preconditioning-mediated neuroprotection of hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons against a subsequent transient cerebral ischemia
Molecular Neurobiology 54(9), 6984-5998 (2017)
• Immunoreactivities of calbindin-D28k, calretinin and parvalbumin in the somatosensory cortex of rodents during normal aging
Molecular Medicine Reports 16(5), 7191-7198 (2016)
• Tat-protein disulfide-isomerase A3: A possible candidate for preventing ischemic damage in the spinal cord
Cell Death & Disease 8, e3075 ; doi:10, 1038/cddis.2017.473 (2017)
• Effects of PEP-1-FK506BP on cyst formation in polycystic kidney disease
BMB reports 50, 460-465 (2017)
• Atomoxetine protects against NMDA receptor-mediated hippocampal neuronal death following transient global cerebral ischemia
Current Neurovascular Research 14, 158-168 (2017)
• Neuroprotective effect of 3-(naphthalen-2-yl(propoxy)methyl)azetidine hydrochloride on brain ischaemia/reperfusion injury
Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology 12, 447-461 (2017)
• Chronic administration of SUMO-1 has negative effects on novel object recognition memory as well as cell proliferation and neuroblast differentiation in the mouse dentate gyrus
Molecular Medicine Reports 16, 3427-3432 (2017)
• N-Adamantyl-4-methylthiazol-2-amine attenuates glutamate-induced oxidative stress and inflammation in brain
Neurotoxical Research 32, 107-120 (2017)
• G protein, phosphorylated-GATA4 and VEGF expression in the hearts of transgenic mice overexpressing β1- and β2-adrenergic receptors.
Molecular Medicine Reports 15, 4049-4054 (2017)
• Tat-biliverdin reductase A protects INS-1 cells from human islet amyloid polypeptide-induced cytotoxicity by alleviating oxidative stress and ER stress
Cell Biology International 41, 514-524 (2017)
• Effects of long-term post-ischemic treadmill exercise on gliosis in the aged gerbil hippocampus induced by transient cerebral ischemia
Molecular Medicine Reports 15, 3623-3630 (2017)
• SUMO-1 delays neuronal damage in the spinal cord following ischemia/reperfusion
Molecular Medicine Reports 15, 4312-4318 (2017)
• Crosstalk between HDAC6 and Nox2-based NADPH oxidase mediates HIV-1 Tat-induced pro-inflammatory responses in astrocytes
Redox Biology 12, 978-986 (2017)
• Tat-DJ-1 enhances cell survival by inhibition of oxidative stress, NF-κB and MAPK activation in HepG2 cells
Biotechnology Letters 39, 511-521 (2017)
• Celastrol suppresses expression of adhesion molecules and chemokines by inhibiting JNK-STAT1/NF-kB activation in poly(I:C)-stimulated astrocytes
BMB reports 50, 25-30 (2017)
• Tat-HSP22 inhibits oxidative stress-induced hippocampal neuronal cell death by regulation of the mitochondrial pathway
Molecular Brain 10, 1-13 (2017)
• Neuroprotective effects of N-adamantyl-4-methylthiazol-2-amine against amyloid β-induced oxidative stress in mouse hippocampus
Brain Research Bulletin 128, 22-28 (2017)
• Intravenously infused F3.Olig2 improve memory deficits via restoring demyelination in the aged hippocampus following experimental ischemic stroke
Cell Transplantation 25, 2129-2144 (2016)
• Protective effects of Tat-NQO1 against oxidative stress-induced HT-22 cell damage and ischemic injury in an animal model
BMB reports 49, 617-622 (2016)
• Cu,Zn-Superoxide Dismutase Increases the Therapeutic Potential of Adipose-derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Maintaining Antioxidant Enzyme Levels
Neurochemical Research 41, 3300-3307 (2016)
• Tat-DJ-1 inhibits oxidative stress-mediated RINm5F cell death through suppression of NF-κB and MAPK activation
Medicinal Chemistry Research 25, 2589-2598 (2016)
• PEP-1-SIRT2-induced matrix metalloproteinase-1 and -13 modulates type II collagen expression via ERK signaling in rabbit articular chondrocytes
Experimental Cell Research 348, 201-208 (2016)
• Cytokine-induced apoptosis inhibitor-1 causes dedifferentiation of rabbit articular chondrocytes via the ERK-1/2 and p38 kinase pathways
The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 80, 10-18 (2016)
• Long-term exercise improves memory deficits via restoration and microvessel damage, and enhancement of neurogenesis in the aged gerbil hippocampus after ischemic stroke
Neurorehabilitation & Neural Repair 30, 894-905 (2016)
• Effect of ischemic preconditioning on antioxidant status in the gerbil hippocampal CA1 region after transient forebrain ischemia
Neural Regeneration Research 11, 1081-1089 (2016)
• PEP-1-GSTpi protein enhanced hippocampal neuronal cell survival after oxidative damage
BMB Reports 49, 382-387 (2016)
• Aronia melanocarpa concentrate ameliorates pro-inflammatory responses in HaCaT karatinocytes and 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate-induced ear edema in mice
Journal of Medicinal Food 19, 654-662 (2016)
• Tat-PRAS40 prevent hippocampal HT-22 cell death and oxidative stress induced animal brain ischemic insults
Free Radical Biology & Medicine 97, 250-262 (2016)
• Tat-NOL3 protects against oxidative stress-induced hippocampal neuronal cell death by regulation of apoptotic pathways
International Journal of Molecular Medicine 38(1), 225-235
• Tat-ATOX1 inhibits streptozotocin (STZ)-induced pancreatic RINm5F cell death and attenuates diabetes in a mice model
International Journal of Molecular Medicine 38(1), 217-224 (2016)
• Comparison of catalase immunoreactivity in the hippocampus between young, adult and aged mice and rats
Molecular Medicine Reports 14(1), 851-856 (2016)
• Transduced Tat-DJ-1 protein inhibits cytokines-induced pancreatic RINm5F cell death
BMB Reports 49(5), 297-302 (2016)
• Overexpression of HDAC6 induces pro-inflammatory responses by regulating ROS-MAPK-NF-kB/AP-1 signalling pathways in macrophages
Free Radical Biology & Medicine 97, 14-23 (2016)
• N-Adamantyl-4-methylthiazol-2-amine suppresses amyloid β-induced neuronal oxidative damage in cortical neurons
Free Radical Research 50(6), 678-690 (2016)
• Heme Oxygenase-1 protects neurons from ischemic damage by upregulating expression of Cu,Zn-superoxide dismutase, catalase, and brain-derived neurotrophic factor in the rabbit spinal cord
Neurochemical Research 41, 869-879 (2016)
• A transducible nuclear/nucleolar protein, mLLP, regulates neuronal morphogenesis and synaptic transmission
Scientific Reports 6(Article number:22892), 1-11 (2016)
• Blockade of monocyte-endothelial trafficking by transduced tat-superoxide dismutase protein
International Journal of Molecular Medicine 37, 387-397 (2016)
• 2,3-dimethoxy-2′-hydroxychalcone ameliorates TNF-α-induced ICAM-1 expression and subsequent monocyte adhesiveness via NF-kappaB inhibition and HO-1 induction in HaCaT cells"
BMB Reports 49(1), 57-62 (2016)
• 2-Cyclopropylimino-3-methyl-1,3-thiazoline hydrochloride alters lipopolysaccharide-induced proinflammatory cytokines and neuronal morphology in mouse fetal brain.
Neuropharmacology 102, 32-41 (2016)
• The interplay between peroxyredoxin-2 and Nrf2 is important in limiting oxidative mediated dysfunction in β-thalassemic erythropoiesis
Antioxidants and Redox Signaling 23(16) 1284-1297 (2015)
• PEP-1-SIRT2 causes dedifferentiation and COX-2 expression via the MAPK pathways in rabbit articular chondrocytes
Experimental Cell Research 339, 351-359 (2015)
• PEP-1-FK506BP inhibits alkali burn-induced corneal inflammation on the rat model of corneal alkali injury
BMB Reports 48, 618-623 (2015)
• The azetidine derivative, KHG26792 protects against ATP-induced activation of NFAT and MAPK pathways through P2X7 receptor in microglia.
Neurotoxicology 51, 198-206 (2015)
• Failure in neuroprotection of remote limb ischemic postconditioning in the hippocampus of a gerbil model of transient cerebral ischemia
Journal of the Neurological Sciences 358, 377-384 (2015)
• Monocarboxylate transporter 4 plays a significant role in the neuroprotective mechanism of ischemic preconditioning in transient cerebral ischemia
Neural Regeneration Research 10, 1604-1611 (2015)
• Effects of low doses of Tat-PIM2 protein against hippocampal neuronal cell survival
Journal of Neurological Science 358, 226-235 (2015)
• HDAC6 mediates HIV-1 Tat-induced pro-inflammatory responses by regulating MAPK-NF-kappaB/AP-1 pathways in astrocytes
Glia 63(11), 1953-1965 (2015)
• Transcriptional regulation of Niemann-Pick C1 like 1(NPC1L1) gene by liver receptor homolog-1 (LRH-1)
BMB Reports 48, 513-518 (2015)
• Butein, a tetrahydroxychalcone, supresses pro-inflammatory responses in HaCaT karatinocytes
BMB Reports 48, 495-500 (2015)
• Effective delivery of endogenous antioxidants ameliorates diabetic nephropathy PLoS One 10(6), e0130815 (2015)
• PEP-1-FK506BP12 inhibits matrix metalloproteinase expression in human articular chondrocytes and in a mouse carrageenan-induced arthritis model
BMB Reports 48, 407-412 (2015)
• Protective effects of PEP-1-Catalase on stress-induced cellular toxicity and MPTP-induced Parkinson’s disease
BMB Reports 48, 395-400 (2015)
• Transduced PEP-1-PON1 proteins regulate microglial activation and dopaminergic neuronal death in a Parkinson’s disease model
Biomaterials 64, 45-56 (2015)
• Tat-CBR1 inhibits inflammatory responses through the suppressions of NF-kB and MAPKs activation in macrophages and mice
Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 286, 124-134 (2015)
• Tat-antioxidant 1 protects against stress-induced hippocampal HT-22 cells death and attenuate ischemic insult in animal model
Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine 19, 1333-1345 (2015)
• Comparison of immunoreactivities of calbindin-D28k, calretinin and paralbumin in the striatum between young and aged mice, rats and gerbils
Neurochemical Research 40, 864-872 (2015)
• Transduction of PEP-1-heme oxygenase-1 into insulin-producing INS-1 cells protects them against cytokine-induced cell death
Biochemical Biophysical Research Communication 461, 549-554 (2015)
• Antioxidative effects of ethyl 2-(3-(benzo[d]thiazol-2-yl)ureido)acetate against amyloid β-induced oxidative cell death via NF-κB, GSK-3β, and β-catenin signaling pathways in cultured cortical neurons.
Free Radical Research 49, 411-421 (2015)
• Ischemic preconditioning protects neurons and maintains immunoreactivity of kynurenic acid in the gerbil hippocampal CA1 region following transient cerebral ischemia
International Journal of Molecular Medicine 35, 1537-1544 (2015)
• Celastrol ameliorates cytokine toxicity and pro-inflammatory immune responses via suppression of NF-κB activation in the RINm5F beta cells
BMB Reports 48, 172-177 (2015)
• The effects of PEP-1-FK506BP on dry eye disease in a rat model
BMB Reports 48, 151-156 (2015)
• Changes in the expression of DNA-binding/differentiation protein inhibitors in neurons and glial cells of the gerbil hippocampus following transient global cerebral ischemia
Molecular Medicine Reports 11, 2477-2485 (2015)
• Tat-Biliverdin reductase A inhibits inflammatory response by regulation of MAPK and NF-kB pathways in Raw 264.7 cells and edema mouse model
Molecular Immunology 63, 355-366 (2015)
• Sodium butyrate, a histone deacetylase Inhibitor, ameliorates SIRT2-induced memory impairment, reduction of cell proliferation, and neuroblast differentiation in the dentate gyrus
Neurological Research 37, 69-76 (2015)
• Downregulation of MAPK/NF-κB signaling underlies anti-inflammatory response induced by transduced PEP-1-Prx2 proteins in LPS-induced Raw 264.7 and TPA-induced mouse ear edema model
International Immunopharmacology 23, 426-433 (2014)
• PEP-1-HO-1 prevents MPTP-induced degeneration of dopaminergic neurons in Parkinson’s disease mouse model
BMB Reports 47, 569-574 (2014)
• Toxicity assessment of a novel silk fibroin and poly-methyl-methacrylate composite material
Molecular and Cellular Toxicology 10, 277-283 (2014)
• Oenanthe javanica extract increases immunoreactivities of antioxidant enzymes in the rat kidney
Chinese Medical Journal 127, 3758-3763 (2014)
• Celastrol ameliorates HIV-1 Tat-induced inflammatory responses via NF-kappaB and AP-1 inhibition and HO-1 induction in astrocytes
Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 280, 42-52 (2014)
• 2-Cyclopropylimino-3-methyl-1,3-thiazoline hydrochloride protects against beta-amyloid-induced activation of the apoptotic cascade in cultured cortical neurons.
Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology 34, 963-972
• The expression and secretion of vimentin in the progression of non-alchoholic steatohepatitis
BMB Reports 47, 457-462
• Effect of transient cerebral ischemia on the expression of receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGE)
Neurochemical Research 39, 1553-1563 (2014)
• 2-Cyclopropylimino-3-methyl-1,3-thiazoline hydrochloride inhibits microglial activation by suppression of nuclear factor-kappa B and mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling.
Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology 9, 461-467 (2014)
• Blockage of Interleukin-8 receptor signaling inhibits cyst development in vitro, via suppression of cell proliferation in autosomal polycystic kidney disease
Nephrology 19, 471-478 (2014)
• Salicortin suppresses lipopolysaccharide-stimulated inflammatory responses via blockade of NF-<kappa>B activation in RAW 264.7 macrophages
BMB Reports 47, 318-323 (2014)
• Anti-inflammatory mechanisms of N-adamantyl-4-methylthiazol-2-amine in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated BV-2 microglial cells
International Immunopharmacology 22, 73-83 (2014)
• The stimulatory effect of fatty acids on glucose uptake involves both Akt and AMPK activation in C2C12 skeletal muscle cells
Krean Journal of Phisiology and Pharmacology 18, 255-261 (2014)
• Multiple Roles of the SO42-/Cl-/OH- exchanger Slc26a2 in Chondrocyte functions
Journal of Biological Chemistry 289, 1993-2001 (2014)
• Neuroprotective effect of PEP-1-peroxiredoxin2 on CA1 regions in the hippocampus against ischemic insult
Biochimica Biophysica Acta (General Subject) 1840, 2321-2330 (2014)
• Effects of N-adamantyl-4-methylthiazol-2-amine on hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia and oxidative stress in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats.
European Journal of Pharmacology 736, 26-34 (2014)
• PEP-1-PEA-15 protects against toxin-induced neuronal damage in a mouse model of Parkinson’s disease
Biochimica Biophysica Acta (General Subject) 1840, 1686-1700 (2014)
• Targeting of receptor for advanced glycation end products suppresses cyst growth in polycystic kidney disease
Journal of Biological Chemistry 289, 9254-9262 (2014)
• Tat-fused recombinant human SAG prevents dopaminergic neurodegeneration in a MPTP-induced Parkinson’s disease model
Molecules and Cells 37, 226-233 (2014)
• Neuroprotective effects of PEP-1-carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1) against oxidative stress-induced ischemic neuronal cell damage
Free Radical Biology & Medicine 69, 181-196 (2014)
• PEP-1-PON1 protein regulates inflammatory response in Raw 264.7 macrophages and ameliorates TPA-induced animal model
PLoS One 9(1), e86034 (2014)
• Tat-DJ-1 Protects Neurons from Ischemic Damage in the Ventral Horn of Rabbit Spinal Cord via Increasing Antioxidant Levels
Neurochemical Research 39, 187-193 (2014)
• Tat-glyoxalase protein inhibits against ischemic neuronal cell damage and ameliorates ischemic injury
Free Radical Biology & Medicine 67, 195-210 (2014)
• Protective effects of skin permeable EGF and FGF1 against ultraviolet-induced skin damage and human skin wrinkles
Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology 12(4), 287-295 (2013)
• Fenobam promoted the neuroprotective effect of PEP-1-FK506BP following oxidative stress through increasing its transduction efficiency
BMB Reports 46, 561-566 (2013)
• DJ-1 facilitates the interaction between STAT1 and its phosphatase, SHP-1, in brain microglia and astrocytes: a novel anti-inflammatory function of DJ-1
Neurobiology of Diseases 60, 1-10 (2013)
• Repeated Administration of PEP-1-Cu,Zn-Superoxide Dismutase and PEP-1-Peroxiredoxin-2 to Senescent Mice Induced by D-galactose Improves the Hippocampal Functions
Neurochemical Research 38, 2046-2055 (2013)
• PKCδ as a regulator for TGF-β stimulated connective tissue growth factor production in human hepatocarcinoma (HepG2) cells
Biochemical Journal 456, 109-118 (2013)
• Suppression of iNOS and COX-2 expression by flavokawain A via blockade of NF-<kappa>B and AP-1 activation in RAW 264.7 macrophages
Food and Chemical Toxicology 58, 479-486 (2013)
• Curcumin ameliorates TNF-α-induced ICAM-1 expression and subsequent THP-1 adhesiveness via the induction of heme oxygenase-1 in the HaCaT cells.
BMB Reports. 46, 410-415 (2013)
• Anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory effects of 2-cyclopropylimino-3-methyl-1,3-thiazoline hydrochloride on glutamate-induced neurotoxicity in rat brain.
NeuroToxicology 38, 106-114 (2013)
• Neuroprotective effects of the antioxidant action of 2-cyclopropylimino-3-methyl-1,3-thiazoline hydrochloride against ischemic neuronal damage in the brain.
BMB Reports 46, 370-375 (2013)
• PEP-1-SIRT2 inhibits inflammatory response and oxidative stress-induced cell death via expression of antioxidant enzymes in murine macrophages.
Free Radical Biology & Medicine 63, 432-445 (2013)
• Cooperative transcriptional activation of ATP-binding cassette sterol transporters ABCG5 and ABCG8 genes by nuclear receptors including Liver-X-Receptor
BMB Report 46, 322-327 (2013)
• The effect of P2X7 receptor activation on nuclear factor-kappa B phosphorylation induced by status epilepticus in the rat hippocampus.
Hippocampus. 23, 500-514 (2013)
• Antitumor activity of methyl gallate by inhibition of focal adhesion formation and Akt phosphorylation in glioma cells
Biochimica Biophysica Acta (General Subject) 1830, 4017-4029 (2013)
• Anti-Inflammatory effects of extracts from Caesalpinia sappan L. on skin inflammation
Journal of Korean Society Food Science and Nutrition 42, 384-388 (2013)
• Transduced PEP-1-FK506BP ameliorates corneal injury in Botulium toxin A-induced dry eye mouse model
BMB Reports 46, 124-129 (2013)
• PKCδ as a regulator for TGFβ1-induced α-SMA production in a murine nonalcoholic steatohepatitis model
PLoS One 8(2): e55979 (2012)
• Protective effects of oleic acid against palmitic acid-induced apoptosis in pancreatic AR42J cells and its mechanism
Korean Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology 17, 43-50 (2013)
• Oxidative modification of neurofilament-L and neuronal cell death induced by the catechol neurotoxin, tetrahydropapaveroline
Toxicology Letter 217, 59-66 (2013)
• Silk proteins stimulate osteoblast differentiation by suppressing the Notch signaling pathway in mesenchymal stem cells
Nutrition Research 33, 162-170 (2013)
• Transduced Tat-Glyoxalase protein attenuates streptozotocin-induced diabetes in a mouse model
Biochemical Biophysical Research Communication 430, 294-300 (2013)
• PEP-1-ribosomal protein S3 protects dopaminergic neurons in MPTP-induced Parkinson’s disease mouse model.
Free Radical Biology & Medicine 55, 36-45 (2013)
• Roles of cysteine residues in the inhibition of human glutamate dehydrogenase by palmitoyl-CoA
BMB Reports 45, 707-712 (2012)
• Neuroprotective Effects of PEP-1-Cu,Zn-SOD against Ischemic Neuronal Damage in the Rabbit Spinal Cord.
Neurochemical Research 37, 307-313 (2012)
• Effects of Cu,Zn-Superoxide Dismutase on Cell Proliferation and Neuroblast Differentiation in the Mouse Dentate Gyrus
Neurochemical Research 37, 261-267 (2012)
• Casuarinin suppresses TARC/CCL17 and MDC/CCL22 production via blockade of NF-<kappa>B and STAT1 activation in HaCaT cells
Biochemical Biophysical Research Communication 417, 1254-1259 (2012)
• Tat-Frataxin protects dopaminergic neuronal cells against MPTP-induced toxicity in a mouse model of Parkinson’s disease
Biochimie 94, 2448-2456 (2012)
• Differential expression of cell surface markers in response to 2,4-dinitrofluorobenzene in RAW 264.7 and primary immune cells
BMB Reports 45, 538-543 (2012)
• PEP-1-p18 prevents neuronal cell death via the inhibition of oxidative stress and Bax expression
BMB Reports 45, 532-537 (2012)
• Inhibition of glutamate dehydrogenase and insulin secretion by KHG26377 does not involve ADP-ribosylation by SIRT4 or deacetylation by SIRT3.
BMB Reports 45, 458-463 (2012)
• 17β-Estradiol Inhibits Apoptotic Cell Death of Oligodendrocytes by Inhibiting RhoA-JNK3 Activation after Spinal Cord Injury
Endocrinology 153, 3815-3827 (2012)
• PEP-1-heat shock protein 27 protects from neuronal damage in cells and in a Parkinson’s disease mouse model
FEBS Journal 279, 1929-1942 (2012)
• PEP-1-metallothionein-III protein ameliorates the oxidative stress-induced neuronal cell death and brain ischemic insults
Biochimica Biophysica Acta (General Subject) 1820, 1647-1655 (2012)
• Suppression of 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA)-induced skin inflammation in mice by transduced Tat-Annexin protein
BMB Reports 45, 354-359 (2012)
• Yeast ribosomal protein S3 possesses a β-lyase activity on damaged DNA. FEBS Letters 586, 356-361, (2012)
• Effects of sensitive to apoptosis gene protein on cell proliferation, neuroblast differentiation, and oxidative stress in the mouse dentate gyrus.
Neurochemical Research 37, 495-502 (2012)
• Changes of ribosomal protein S3 immunoreactivity and its new expression in microglia in the mice hippocampus after lipopolysaccharide treatment.
Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology 32, 577-586 (2012)
• Changes in ribosomal protein S3 immunoreactivity and its protein levels in the gerbil hippocampus following subacute and chronic restraint stress.
Neurochemical Research 37, 1428-1435 (2012)
• Transduced Tat-DJ-1 Protein Protects against Oxidative Stress-Induced SH-SY5Y Cell Death and Parkinson Disease in a Mouse Model
Molecules and Cells 33, 471-478 (2012)
• Extracellular HIV-1 Tat induces human beta-defensin-2 production via NF-kappaB/AP-1 dependent pathways in human B cells
Molecules and Cells 33, 335-341 (2012)
• Enhancement of Anti-Inflammatory Activity of PEP-1-FK506 Binding Protein by Silk Fibroin Peptide
Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 22, 494-500 (2012)
• Tumor necrosis factor-α-mediated threonine 435 phosphorylation of p65 nuclear factor-κB subunit in endothelial cells induces vasogenic edema and neutrophil infiltration in the rat piriform cortex following status epilepticus
Journal of Neuroinflammation 9, 6-18 (2012)
• Anti-inflammatory effects of transduced Tat-Annexin protein on ovalbumin-induced airway inflammation in a mouse model of asthma
Biochemical Biophysical Research Communication 417, 1024-1029 (2012)
• 생화학(단백질생화학, 신경생화학)
• 단백질침투기술( Protein Transduction Technology)
• 단백질치료(Protein Therapy)
■ 학회활동 및 공공기관 주요활동사항
• 1988.9.1 - 현재 : 한국생화학분자생물학회 정회원
•1990.9.1 - 현재 : 한국분자세포생물학회 정회원
•1992.1.1 - 1992.12.31 : 한국생화학분자생물학회 기획간사
•1994.1.1 - 현재 : 한국유전학회 이사
•1996.1.1 - 1996.12.31 : 한국생화학분자생물학회 총무간사
•1998.1.1 - 1999.12.31 : 한국생화학회분자생물학회 학술지 편집위원
•1999.7.1 - 2000.6.30 : 한국생화학분자생물학회 설악토론회 실무위원장
•1999.9.1 - 2003.8.31 : 한국생화학분자생물학회 강원지부 지부장
•2000.1.1 - 현재 : 국제신경화학회(International Society of Neurochemistry) 정회원
•2000.1.1 - 2004.8.31 : 한국분자세포생물학회 이사
•2000.1.1 - 2001.12.31 : 한국생화학회분자생물학회 SCI간사
•2000.7.9 - 2010.7.8 : 대한코스메틱 피부과학회 이사
•2001.1.1 - 2004.12.31 : 한국생화학분자생물학회 학술지 편집위원
•2002.1.1 - 2006.12.31 : 한국분자세포생물학회 학회지 편집위원회 위원
•2002.11 - 2013.8 : 춘천바이오산업 진흥원 이사
•2003.1.1 - 2003.12.31 : 한국생화학분자생물학회 간사장
•2006.11 - 현재 : 한국과학기술한림원 정회원
•2007.1.1 - 2009.12.31 : 한국생화학분자생물학회 이사
•2007.1 - 2010.6.30 : 대한퇴행성질환학회 이사
•2006.1.1 - 2010.4.30 : 생화학분자생물학회 학술지(BMB Reports) 편집위원장
•2010.1.1- 2010.12.31 : 한국뇌신경과학회 회장
•2010.5.1 - 현재 : 한국생화학분자생물학회 학술지(BMB Reports) 편집위원
•2011.1.1 - 2015.12.31 : 한국생화학분자생물학회 이사
•2011.1.1 - 2011.12 : 한국생화학분자생물학회 부회장
•2013.11.25 - 2017.11.25 : 강원컨벤션뷰로 이사장
•2014.1.1 - 2014.12.31 : 한국생화학분자생물학회 회장
•2015.8.1 - 2018.7.31 : 한국연구재단 생명과학단 책임전문위원(Chief Review Board)
•2015.8.5 - 2017.8.6 : 국가생명공학종합정책심의회 위원
•2016.1.1 - 2017.12.31 : 한국뇌신경과학회 이사
•2016.8.11 -현재 : 국가생명공학육성기본계획 기획위원
•2017.1.1 - 2017.12.31 : 한국유전학회 이사
• 1996. 9. 24 : 제6회 과학기술 우수논문상 (과학기술처)
• 1999 - 2005 : 일송논문상 (한림대학교)
• 2001. 4. 21 : 대통령 표창 (과학기술진흥유공자)
• 2004. 4. 28 : 제14회 과학기술 우수논문상 (과학기술처)
• 2005. 7. 13 : 강원인 대상 수상 (교육학술부문) (MBC 방송국)
• 2006. 5. 25 : BMB Reports 학술지상 (한국생화학회분자생물학회)
• 2008. 5. 8 : BMB Reports 학술지상 (한국생화학회분자생물학회)
• 2010. 12. 22 : 산학업무유공자 대통령상 (중소기업청)
• 2011. 7. 11 : 강원도 문화상 (학술부문) (강원도)
• 2011. 10. 12 : 제6회 동곡상 (교육연구부문, 동곡사회복지재단)
• 2012. 5. 31 : BMB Reports 학술지상 (한국생화학회분자생물학회)
• 2013. 10. 8 : 강원도 10대 특허상 우수상 (중소기업청)
• 2014. 5. 14 : BMB Reports 학술지상 (한국생화학회분자생물학회)
• 2015. 5. 14 : 무사강연학술상 (한국생화학회분자생물학회)
• 2015. 2. 25 : 교원업적평가 우수교원상 (한림대학교)
• 2016. 5. 19 : BMB Reports 학술지상 (한국생화학회분자생물학회)
• 2017. 5. 18 : BMB Reports 학술지상 (한국생화학회분자생물학회)
• 2018. 6. 7 : 디아이학술상 (한국생화학회분자생물학회)
Dept. of Food Engineering, Yonsei University, Korea; B.S., 1981.
Dept. of Biological Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Korea; M.S., 1983.
Dept. of Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA; Ph.D., 1992
Harvard Medical School, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Division of Human Retrovirology, 1992-1994.
1) 2016~ Dean, Graduate School
2) 2013~2016 Dean, College of Natural Science
3) 2012~2013, Chairman, Department of Biomedical Science, Hallym University
4) 2009-2012, Vice President for Research Affairs, Hallym University
5) 2005-, Professor, Department of Biomedical Science, Hallym University
6) 2001-2002, Visiting Professor, Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham
7) 2003-2005, Professor, Department of Genetic Engineering, Hallym University
8) 1998-2003, Associate Professor, Department of Genetic Engineering, Hallym University
9) 1994-1998, Assistant Professor, Department of Genetic Engineering, Hallym University
10) 1992-1994, Research Fellow, Department of Pathology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Harvard Medical School
■ Representative Publications (2011 ~ present)
1) Jo H, Jang HY, Youn GS, Kim D, Lee CY, Jang JH, Choi SY, Jun JG, Park J. 2018. Hindsiipropane B alleviates HIV-1 Tat-induced inflammatory responses by suppressing HDAC6-NADPH oxidase-ROS axis in astrocytes. BMB Rep. 51:394-399.
2) Youn GS, Cho H, Kim D, Choi SY, Park J. 2017. Crosstalk between HDAC6 and Nox2-based NADPH oxidase mediates HIV-1 Tat-induced pro-inflammatory responses in astrocytes. Redox Biol. 12:978-986.
3) An SY, Youn GS, Kim H, Choi SY, Park J. 2017. Celastrol suppresses expression of adhesion molecules and chemokines by inhibiting JNK-STAT1/NF-κB activation in poly(I:C)-stimulated astrocytes. BMB Rep. :25-30
4) Youn GS, Lee KW, Choi SY, Park J. 2016. Overexpression of HDAC6 induces pro-inflammatory responses by regulating ROS-MAPK-NF-κB/AP-1 signaling pathways in macrophages. Free Radic Biol Med. 97:14-23.
5) Kim H, Youn GS, An SY, Kwon HY, Choi SY, Park J. 2016. 2,3-Dimethoxy-2'-hydroxychalcone ameliorates TNF-α-induced ICAM-1 expression and subsequent monocyte adhesiveness via NF-kappaB inhibition and HO-1 induction in HaCaT cells. BMB Rep. 49(1):57-62.
6) Park SH, Shin MJ, Kim DW, Park J, Choi SY, Kang YH. 2016. Blockade of monocyte-endothelial trafficking by transduced Tat-superoxide dismutase protein. Int J Mol Med. 37(2):387-397.
7) Youn GS, Ju SM, Choi SY, Park J. 2015. HDAC6 mediates HIV-1 Tat-induced proinflammatory responses by regulating MAPK-NF-kappaB/AP-1 pathways in astrocytes. Glia. 63(11):1953-1965.
8) Kim YN, Kim DW, Jo HS, Shin MJ, Ahn EH, Ryu EJ, Yong JI, Cha HJ, Kim SJ, Yeo HJ, Youn JK, Hwang JH, Jeong JH, Kim DS, Cho SW, Park J, Eum WS, Choi SY. 2015. Tat-CBR1 inhibits inflammatory responses through the suppressions of NF-κB and MAPK activation in macrophages and TPA-induced ear edema in mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 286(2):124-134.
9) Seo WY, Youn GS, Choi SY, Park J. 2015. Butein, a Tetrahydroxychalcone, Suppresses Pro-inflammatory Responses in HaCaT Keratinocytes. BMB Rep. 48(9):495-500.
10) Kim MJ, Park M, Kim DW, Shin MJ, Son O, Jo HS, Yeo HJ, Cho SB, Park JH, Lee CH, Kim DS, Kwon OS, Kim J, Han KH, Park J, Eum WS, Choi SY. 2015. Transduced PEP-1-PON1 proteins regulate microglial activation and dopaminergic neuronal death in a Parkinson's disease model. Biomaterials. 64:45-56.
11) Yoon CH, Kim SY, Byeon SE, Jeong Y, Lee J, Kim KP, Park J, Bae YS. 2015. p53-Derived Host Restriction of HIV-1 Replication by Protein Kinase R-Mediated Tat Phosphorylation and Inactivation. J Virol. 89(8):4262-4280.
12) Ju SM, Youn GS, Cho YS, Choi SY, Park J. 2015. Celastrol ameliorates cytokine toxicity and pro-inflammatory immune responses via suppression of NF-κB activation in the RINm5F beta cells. BMB Rep. 48(3):172-177.
13) Youn GS, Kwon DJ, Ju SM, Rhim H, Bae YS, Choi SY, Park J. 2014. Celastrol ameliorates HIV-1 Tat-induced inflammatory responses via NF-kappaB and AP-1 inhibition and heme oxygenase-1 induction in astrocytes. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 280:42-52.
14) Kwon DJ, Bae YS, Ju SM, Youn GS, Choi SY, Park J. 2014. Salicortin suppresses lipopolysaccharide-stimulated inflammatory responses via blockade of NF-κB and JNK activation in RAW 264.7 macrophages. BMB Rep. 47(6):318-323.
15) Kwon DJ, Bae YS, Ju SM, Youn GS, Choi SY, Park J. 2014. Salicortin suppresses lipopolysaccharide-stimulated inflammatory responses via blockade of NF-κB and JNK activation in RAW 264.7 macrophages. BMB Reports. 47(6):318-323.
16) Shin MJ, Kim DW, Lee YP, Ahn EH, Jo HS, Kim DS, Kwon OS, Kang TC, Cho YJ, Park J, Eum WS, Choi SY. 2014. Tat-glyoxalase protein inhibits against ischemic neuronal cell damage and ameliorates ischemic injury. Free Radic Biol Med. 67:195-210.
17) Youn GS, Kwon DJ, Ju SM, Choi SY, Park J. 2013. Curcumin ameliorates TNF-α-induced ICAM-1 expression and subsequent THP-1 adhesiveness via the induction of heme oxygenase-1 in the HaCaT cells. BMB Reports 46(8):410-415.
18) Kwon DJ, Ju SM, Youn GS, Choi SY, Park J. 2013. Suppression of iNOS and COX-2 expression by flavokawain A via blockade of NF-κB and AP-1 activation in RAW 264.7 macrophages. Food Chem Toxicol. 58:479-486.
19) Kim MJ, Kim DW, Park JH, Kim SJ, Lee CH, Yong JI, Ryu EJ, Cho SB, Yeo HJ, Hyeon J, Cho SW, Kim DS, Son O, Park J, Han KH, Cho YS, Eum WS, Choi SY. 2013. PEP-1-SIRT2 inhibits inflammatory response and oxidative stress-induced cell death via expression of antioxidant enzymes in murine macrophages. Free Radic Biol Med. 63:432-445.
20) Ju SM, Goh AR, Kwon DJ, Youn GS, Kwon HJ, Bae YS, Choi SY, Park J. 2012. Extracellular HIV-1 Tat induces human beta-defensin-2 production via NF-kappaB/AP-1 dependent pathways in human B cells. Mol Cells. 33(4):335-341.
21) Kwon DJ, Bae YS, Ju SM, Goh AR, Youn GS, Choi SY, Park J. 2012. Casuarinin suppresses TARC/CCL17 and MDC/CCL22 production via blockade of NF-κB and STAT1 activation in HaCaT cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012 417(4):1254-1259.
22) Lee SH, Kim DW, Kim HR, Woo SJ, Kim SM, Jo HS, Jeon SG, Cho SW, Park JH, Won MH, Park J, Eum WS, Choi SY. 2012. Anti-inflammatory effects of Tat-Annexin protein on ovalbumin-induced airway inflammation in a mouse model of asthma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 417(3):1024-1029
23) Song HY, Ju SM, Seo WY, Goh AR, Lee JK, Bae YS, Choi SY, Park J. 2011. Nox2-based NADPH oxidase mediates HIV-1 Tat-induced up-regulation of VCAM-1/ICAM-1 and subsequent monocyte adhesion in human astrocytes. Free Radic Biol Med. 50(5):576-584.
24) Seo WY, Goh AR, Ju SM, Song HY, Kwon DJ, Jun JG, Kim BC, Choi SY, Park J. 2011. Celastrol induces expression of heme oxygenase-1 through ROS/Nrf2/ARE signaling in the HaCaT cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 407:535-540.
25) Kwon DJ, Bae YS, Ju SM, Goh AR, Choi SY, Park J. 2011. Casuarinin suppresses TNF-α-induced ICAM-1 expression via blockade of NF-κB activation in HaCaT cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 409:780-785.
26) Kim SY, Sohn EJ, Kim DW, Jeong HJ, Kim MJ, Kang HW, Shin MJ, Ahn EH, Kwon SW, Kim YN, Kwon HJ, Kim TY, Lee KS, Park J, Eum WS, Choi SY. 2011. Transduced PEP-1-FK506BP Ameliorates Atopic Dermatitis in NC/Nga Mice. J Invest Dermatol. 131:1477-1485.
27) Kwon SW, Sohn EJ, Kim DW, Jeong HJ, Kim MJ, Ahn EH, Kim YN, Dutta S, Kim DS, Park J, Eum WS, Hwang HS, Choi SY. 2011. Anti-inflammatory effect of transduced PEP-1-heme oxygenase-1 in Raw 264.7 cells and a mouse edema model. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 411::354-359.
1) Fellowship, 1987-1991, Department of Microbiology
University of Alabama at Birmingham
2) Korean National Fellowship, 1981-1983, Department of Biological Sciences
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
3) Academic Award, 2015. 11. 13, 2015 Annual Meeting of The Korean Society for AIDS
The Korean Society for AIDS
• Pathogenesis of AIDS by HIV, Development of therapeutic tools using protein transduction technology, Development of therapeutic materials against inflammatory diseases
• The Korean Society of Virology
• The Korean Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
• The Korean Society for Molecular Biology and Cell Biology
• The Korean Society for AIDS
■ Research interests and current research (Laboratory of Virology and Immunology)
The global spread of HIV infection and AIDS continues while current therapies are very limited and effective vaccines are nonexistent. Accordingly, novel therapeutic approaches must be devised to target viral gene functions that regulate virus replication and produce disease. Thus, understanding of viral gene function may not only lead to the elucidating the viral pathogenesis, but also may provide new approaches to inhibit HIV replication and/or preventing disease progression.
2) Elucidation of the role of Tat in the pathogenesis of HIV
Tat is a transcription transactivator produced by the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) at the early phase of infection and plays an essential role in the expression and replication of the viral genome. Tat protein, which can be secreted from the infected cells, has the ability to enter uninfected cells and exert its activity upon the variety of cellular genes, suggesting Tat may affect various cell types in the central nervous system, potentially contributing to the development of AIDS-associated neurological disease. We are currently studying the biological effects of exogenous Tat on cells from the central nervous system (astrocyte and neuronal cell) and the lymphoid T cells (Jurkat). This study will elucidate the critical role of Tat in molecular pathogenesis of AIDS dementia leading to development of therapeutic tools for this disease.
3) Development of protein transduction technology
Protein therapy is based on the delivery of target proteins into cells instead of traditional chemotherapy to treat human diseases. Based on the recent findings that abnormal activity of cellular proteins is responsible for the generation of a variety of human diseases, development of therapeutic agents could be achieved by regulating the biological activity of these proteins. Nevertheless proteins are superior to other chemicals in the selectivity and efficacy of their action mode, utilization of these proteins as the therapeutic drugs is severely limited due to the difficulty of delivery of therapeutic proteins into cells. To overcome this problem, it is necessary to develop a novel technology by which a variety of biologically active proteins could be delivered into cells. This protein transduction technology is based on the previous findings that exogenous HIV-1 Tat protein was able to translocate through the plasma membrane and to reach both the cytosol and nucleus in the cell. By exploiting this property of Tat, we are currently developing a system for the delivery of biologically functional peptide/protein into target cells or tissues.
4) Directions for the anti-inflammatory drug discovery
- Utilize cell-based assays and in vivo testing strategies for the development of anti-inflammatory drugs.
- is initially directed towards discovering inhibitors from natural products and recombinant proteins.
■ Patents (2015~ 현재)
(1) Eye drop composition for prevention and treatment of ophthalmic diseases containig fusion protein of FK506 Binding Protein
등록일 2015.2.24 등록번호 8,962,567
(1) 세포투과성 NQO-1 융합단백질을 포함하는 뇌허혈 치료용 약학조성물
등록일: 2015.11.14 등록번호: 10-1677449
(2) 글루타레독신 1 융합단백질을 함유하는 관절염 예방 및 치료용 약학 조성물
등록일: 2016. 10. 26 등록번호: 10-1671197
(3) 세포투과성 NQO1 융합단백질을 함유하는 뇌허혈 치료용 약학 조성물
등록일: 2016. 11. 14 등록번호: 10-1677449
(4) 세포투과성 PIM2 융합단백질을 포함하는 파킨슨병 예방 및 치료용 약학 조성물
등록일: 2017. 04. 26 등록번호: 10-1732349
(5) PEA15 융합단백질을 함유하는 관절염 예방 및 치료용 약학 조성물
등록일: 2017. 07. 20 등록번호: 10-1761550
(6) 사이토카인 유도 세포자기사멸 저해제 1 융합단백질을 포함하는 항염증 약학 조성물
등록일: 2018. 06. 15 등록번호: 10-1869686
• 1986 - 1992 Columbia University, USA (Ph.D-생물학과)
• 1981 - 1984 서울대학교(이학석사-미생물학과)
• 1977 - 1981 서울대학교(이학사-미생물학과)
• 2009 ~ 2011 바이오메디컬학과장
• 2005 ~ 2009 생명공학연구소장
• 1993 ~ 현재Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Dept. of Biomedical Science, College of Natural Sciences, Hallym University, Korea
• 1992 ~ 1993 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, USA
주저자 : 제1저자, 공동저자(교신), 단독
• Transcriptional regulation of Niemann-Pick C1-like 1 gene by liver receptor homolog-1 [BMB Reports, SCI급, 공동(교신), 2015]
• Cooperative transcriptional activation of ATP-binding cassette sterol transporters ABCG5 and ABCG8 genes by nuclear receptors including Liver-X-Receptor [BMB Reports, SCI급, 공동(교신), 2013]
공동저자 : 공동저자(참여)
• PEP-1-PEA15 suppresses inflammatory responses by regulation of MAPK in macrophages and animal models [Immunobiology, SCI급, 공동(참여), 2018]
• Tat-PRAS40 prevent hippocampal HT-22 cell death and oxidative stress induced animal brain ischemic insults [Free Radical Biology and Medicine, SCI급, 공동(참여), 2016]
•Transcriptional regulation of human NPC1L1 and PCSK9 genes
• Gene regulation by siRNA, saRNA, CRISPRa and CRISPRi
• Transduction of proteins using CPP
• The Korean Society for Molecular Biology and Cell Biology
• 중소기업청장상 (2011)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (박사-분자생물학)
Genes & Genomics 편집위원장
한림대학교 BK21 플러스 과학기술분야 사업팀장
질병관리본부 자료·자원활용심의 위원회 위원
질병관리본부 보건의료기술 평가관리 전문위원회 위원
한국연구재단 생명과학단 전문위원 (Review Board)
한림대학교 바이오메디컬학과 학과장
한림대학교 바이오메디컬학과 교수
질병관리본부 국립보건연구원 유전체센터 보건연구관
Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Hsa-miR-10a-5p downregulation in mutant UQCRB-expressing cells promotes the cholesterol biosynthesis pathway. Scientific Reports Aug 17. 8:12407 (2018)
Nonsynonymous Variants in PAX4 and GLP1R are Associated with Type 2 Diabetes in an East Asian Population. Diabetes Sep. 67(9): 1892-1902 (2018)
Understanding the functional role of genistein in the bone differentiation in mouse osteoblastic cell line MC3T3-E1 by RNA-seq analysis. Scientific Reports Feb 19. 8(1): 3257 (2018)
Refining the accuracy of validated target identification through coding variant fine-2 mapping in type 2 diabetes. Nature Genetics Apr 1. 50(4): 559-571 (2018)
Impact of common genetic determinants of Hemoglobin A1c on type 2 diabetes risk and diagnosis in ancestrally diverse populations: A transethnic genome-wide meta-analysis. Plos Medicine Sep 12. 14(9):e1002383 (2017)
A Low-Frequency Inactivating AKT2 Variant Enriched in the Finnish Population Is Associated With Fasting Insulin Levels and Type 2 Diabetes Risk. Diabetes Jul;66(7):2019-2032 (2017)
Association analyses of East Asian individuals and trans-ancestry analyses with European individuals reveal new loci associated with cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Human Molecular Genetics May 1, 26:1770-1784 (2017)
The genetic architecture of type 2 diabetes. Nature August 4. 536: 41-47 (2016)
Transancestral fine-mapping of four type 2 diabetes susceptibility loci highlights potential causal regulatory mechanisms. Human Molecular Genetics May 15 25(10):2070-2081 (2016)
Genome-wide association studies in the Japanese population identify seven novel loci for type 2 diabetes. Nature Communications Jan 28. 7:10531-10543 (2016)
Genome-wide association studies in East Asians identify new loci for waist-hip ratio and waist circumference. Scientific Reports 2016 Jan 20. 6:17958 (2016)
Genome-wide association study identified new susceptibility loci for polycystic ovary syndrome Human Reproduction Mar. 30(3): 723-731 (2015)
Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies of adult height in East Asians identifies 17 novel loci Human Molecular Genetics Mar. 24(6): 1791-1800 (2015)
Genome-wide association meta-analysis identifies novel variants associated with fasting plasma glucose in East Asians Diabetes Jan. 64(1): 291-298 (2015)
Identification of three novel genetic variations associated with electrocardiographic traits (QRS duration and PR interval) in East Asians Human Molecular Genetics Dec. 23(24): 6659-6667 (2014)
Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies in East Asian-ancestry populations identifies four new loci for body mass index Human Molecular Genetics Oct. 23(20): 5492-5504 (2014)
Rare variants in PPARG with decreased activity in adipocyte differentiation are associated with increased risk of type 2 diabetes PNAS Sep. 111(36):13127-13132 (2014)
Loss-of-function mutations in SLC30A8 protect against type 2 diabetes Nature Genetics April 46(4); 357-363 (2014)
Associations of genetic variants in/near BMI-associated genes with type 2 diabetes: A systematic meta-analysis Clinical Endocrinology Nov. 81(5); 702-710 (2014)
Genome-wide trans-ancestry meta-analysis provides insight into the genetic architecture of type 2 diabetes susceptibility Nature Genetics March 46(3); 234-244 (2014)
Genetic determinants of heel bone properties: genome-wide association meta-analysis and replication in the GEFOS/GENOMOS consortium Human Molecular Genetics June 23(11):3054-3068 (2014)
Sequence variants in SLC16A11 are a common risk factor for type 2 diabetes in Mexico Nature Feb 6;506(7486):97-101 (2014)
Genome-wide association study meta-analysis reveals transethnic replication of mean arterial and pulse pressure loci Hypertension Nov;62(5):853-859 (2013)
Identification of heart rate–associated loci and their effects on cardiac conduction and rhythm disorders Nature Genetics June; 45(6), 621-631 (2013)
Genome-wide association study identifies a novel locus contributing to type 2 diabetes susceptibility in Sikhs of Punjabi origin from India Diabetes May;62(5):1746-55 (2013)
Genetics of Type 2 Diabetes in East Asian Populations. Current Diabetes Reports December; 12, 686-696 (2012)
Meta-Analysis Identifies Multiple Loci Associated with Kidney Function-Related Traits in East Asian Populations. Nature Genetics July; 44, 904-909 (2012)
A Common Variant in SLC8A1 Is Associated with the Duration of the Electrocardiographic QT Interval. American Journal of Human Genetics July; 91, 180-184 (2012)
Meta-analysis identifies common variants associated with body mass index in east Asians. Nature Genetics March; 44, 307-311 (2012)
A Genome-Wide Association Study of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus in Korean Women. Diabetes February; 61, 531-541 (2012)
Meta-analysis of Genome-Wide Association Studies Identifies 8 New Loci for Type 2 Diabetes in East Asians. Nature Genetics January; 44, 67-72 (2012)
Large-Scale Genome-Wide Association Study in East Asians Identify New Genetic Loci Influencing Metabolic Traits. Nature Genetics October; 43, 990-995 (2011)
Genetic Variants in Novel Pathways Influence Blood Pressure and Cardiovascular Disease Risk. Nature October; 478, 103-109 (2011)
Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies identifies common variants associated with blood pressure variation in east Asians. Nature Genetics June; 43, 531-538 (2011)
Biological, clinical and population relevance of 95 loci for blood lipids. Nature August; 466, 707-713 (2010)
Identification of New Genetic Risk Variants for Type 2 Diabetes. PLoS Genetics September; 6(9), e1001127 (2010)
A large scale genome-wide association study of Asian populations uncovers genetic factors influencing eight quantitative traits. Nature Genetics 41, 527-534 (2009)
• 2017-현재 한국유전학회 Genes & Genomics 편집위원장
• 2014-2016 한국유전학회 Genes & Genomics 편집간사
• 2015-현재 한국유전학회 이사
• 2012-2016 한국유전체학회 운영위원
• 2012-2014 한국유전체학회 소식지 편집위원장
• 2012-현재 생화학분자생물학회 BMB Reports 편집위원
• 2005 연세대학교 생화학과 (이학박사)
• 1997 연세대학교 생화학과 (이학석사)
• 1995 연세대학교 생화학과 (이학사)
• 2014 – 현재
한림대학교 바이오메디컬학과 (조교수)
• 2013 – 2014
연세대학교 의과대학 의생명과학부 (연구교수)
• 2011 – 2013
Department of Pathology, Microbiology &Immunology, Vanderbilt University (Research Instructor)
• 2006 – 2011 Department of Pathology, Microbiology &Immunology, Vanderbilt University (Research Fellow)
• 2005 – 2006 한림대학교 의과학연구소 (연구강사)
mTOR kinase leads to PTEN-loss-induced cellular senescence by phosphorylating p53 (2018) Oncogene. Epub ahead of print
Expression of Lrig1, a negative regulator of EGFR, is dynamically altered during different stages of gastric carcinogenesis (2018) Am J Pathol. Epub ahead of print
Gomisin G suppresses the growth of colon cancer cells by attenuation of Akt phosphorylation and arrest of cell cycle progression (2018) Biomol Ther. Epub ahead of print
PEP-1-PEA15 suppresses inflammatory responses by regulation of MAPK in macrophages and animal models (2018) Immunobiology. Epub ahead of print.
PEP-1-glutaredoxin 1 protects against hippocampal neuronal cell damage from oxidative stress via regulation of MAPK and apoptosis signaling pathway (2018) Mol Med Rep. 18:2216-2228
Gomisin G inhibits the growth of triple-negative breast cancer cells by suppressing AKT phosphorylation and decreasing cyclin D1 (2018) Biomol Ther. 36:322-327
B cell-intrinsic mTORC1 promotes germinal center-defining transcription factor gene expression, somatic hypermutation, and memory B cell generation in humoral immunity. (2018) J Immunol. 200:2627-2639.
CD11b regulates antibody class switching via inducing AID (2017) Mol Immunol. 87:47-59
Tat-HSP22 inhibits oxidative stress-induced hippocampal neuronal cell death by regulation of the mitochondrial pathway (2017) Mol Brain. 10:1
Tat-PRAS40 prevent hippocampal HT-22 cell death and oxidative stress induced animal brain ischemic insults (2016) Free Radic Biol Med. 97:2501262
Overexpression of HDAC6 induces pro-inflammatory responses by regulating ROS-MAPK-NF-kB/AP-1 signaling pathways in macrophages (2016) Free Radic Biol Med. 97:14-23
Aronia melanocarpa Concentrate Ameliorates Pro-Inflammatory Responses in HaCaT Keratinocytes and 12-O-Tetradecanoylphorbol-13-Acetate-Induced Ear Edema in Mice (2016) J Med Food. 19:654-662
Tat-ATOX1 inhibits streptozotocin-induced cell death in pancreatic RINm5F cells and attenuates diabetes in a mouse model (2016) Int J Mol Med. 38:217-224
Extracellular release of CD11b by TLR9 stimulation in macrophages (2016) PLoS One. 11:e0150677
Rapamycin-resistant and torin-sensitive mTOR signaling promotes survival and proliferation of leukemic cells (2016) BMB Rep. 49:63-68
Monoclonal antibodies against the human respiratory syncytial virus obtained by immunization with epitope peptieds and CpG-DNA-liposome complex (2015) Monoclon Antib Immunodiagn Immunother. 34:101-109
Tat-antioxidant 1 protects against stress-induced hippocampal HT-22 cells death and attenuate ischaemic insult in animal model (2015) J. Cell. Mol. Med. 19:1333-1345
Effect of respiratory syncytial virus on hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines (2015) BMB Rep. 48:565-570
Regulation of endothelial cell proliferation and vascular assembly through distinct mTORC2 signaling pathways (2015) Mol. Cell. Biol. 35:1299-1313
microRNA-mediated regulation of mTOR complex components facilitates discrimination between activation and anergy in CD4 T cells (2014) J. Exp. Med. 211:2281-2295.
Immune response and the tumor microenvironment: how they communicate to regulate gastric cancer (2014) Gut Liver. 8: 1-9
Crosstalk between Akt and p38α pathways in macrophages downstream of Toll-like receptor signaling (2013) Mol. Cell. Biol. 33: 4152-4156
Requirement for Rictor in homeostasis and function of mature B lymphoid cells (2013) Blood. 122: 2369-2379
Cdc42 promotes host defenses against fatal infection (2013) Infect. Immun. 81:2714-2723
STAT4 and T-bet are required for the plasticity of IFN-γ expression across Th2 ontogeny and influence changes in Ifng promoter DNA methylation (2013) J. Immunol. 191:678-687
Murine dendritic cell rapamycin-resistant and rictor-independent mTOR controls IL-10, B7-H1 and regulatory T cell induction (2013) Blood. 121:3619-3630
Effects of cancer-associated Epha3 mutations on lung cancer (2012) J. Natl. Caner Inst. 104:1083-1098
Vital roles of mTOR complex 2 in Notch-driven thymocyte differentiation and leukemia (2012) J. Exp. Med. 209:713-728
A “Tsc, Tsc” keeps the kids quie(scen)t and holds off ROS (2011) Nat. Immunol. 12:811-812
Control of macrophage responses on hydrophobic and hydrophilic carbon nanostructures (2011) Carbon. 49:2092-2103
Mammalian target of rapamycin protein complex 2 regulates differentiation of Th1 and Th2 cell subsets via distinct signaling pathways (2010) Immunity. 32: 743-753
• PI3K/mTOR signaling networks and immunity
• Immunoediting factors and tumor microenvironment
• Immunophenotyping and pathogen infection service of genetically engineered mice
• 생화학분자생물학회 운영위원회
• 한국실험동물학회 학술위원회
• American Association of Immunology 회원
2006 – 2012 Ohio State University, USA (Ph.D-약제학과)
2001 – 2003 가톨릭대학교 성의교정 (의학석사-약리학)
1998 – 2001 건국대학교 수의과대학 (수의학석사-수의내과학)
1994 – 1998 건국대학교 수의과대학 (수의학사-수의학)
2017 – 현재
한림대학교 자연과학대학 바이오메디컬학과 (조교수)
2012 – 2017
Department of Dermatology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (Postdoctoral Fellow)
2012 – 2012
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University (Postdoctoral Fellow)
1998 – 2000 건국대학교 수의과대학 전임조교
- 윤부줄기세포(limbal stem cells)에서 microRNA에 의한 줄기세포 특성 및 autophagy 조절기전 연구
- 각막상피세포(corneal epithelial cells)에서 microRNA에 의한 각막세포재생, 신생혈관형성, autophagy 조절기전 연구
- MicroRNA에 의한 암세포의 성장, 전이, 세포사멸 기전연구
■ 논문 (2010년 이후)
ㆍ Kaplan N, Dong Y, Wang S, Yang W, Park JK, Wang J, Fiolek E, White BP, Chandel NS, Peng H, Lavker RM. FIH‐1 engages novel binding partners to positively influence epithelial proliferation via p63. FASEB J, 2020 Jan; 34: 525-539.
ㆍ Seo HA, Moeng S, Sim S, Kuh HJ, Choi SY, Park JK. MicroRNA-Based Combinatorial Cancer Therapy: Effects of MicroRNAs on the Efficacy of Anti-Cancer Therapies. Cells. 2019 Dec 20;9(1). pii: E29.
ㆍ Nam S, Khawar IA, Park JK, Chang S, Kuh HJ. Cellular context-dependent interaction between cancer and stellate cells in hetero-type multicellular spheroids of pancreatic tumor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2019 Jul 12;515(1):183-189.
ㆍ Seo HA, Hwang CY, Moeng S, Park JK. An In Vitro Protocol for Evaluating MicroRNA Levels, Functions, and Associated Target Genes in Tumor Cells. J Vis Exp. 2019 May 21;(147)
ㆍ Moeng S, Seo HA, Hwang CY, Cipolla GA, Lee DJ, Kuh HJ, Park JK. MicroRNA-107 Targets IKBKG and Sensitizes A549 Cells to Parthenolide. Anticancer Res. 2018 Nov;38(11):6309-6316.
ㆍ Park JK, Seo JS, Lee SK, Chan KK, Kuh HJ. Combinatorial antitumor activity of oxaliplatin with epgenetic modifying agents, 5-Aza-CdR and FK228, in human gastric cancer cells. Biomol Ther (Seoul). 2018 Nov 1;26(6):591-598.
ㆍ Khawar IA, Park JK, Jung ES, Lee MA, Chang S, Kuh HJ, Three dimensional mixed-cell spheroids mimic stroma-mediated chemoresistance and invasive migration in hepatocellular carcinoma, Neoplasia 2018 2018 Jul 4;20(8):800-812.
ㆍ Park JK, Doseff A, Schmittgen TD. MicroRNAs targeting caspase-3 and -7 in panc-1 cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2018 Apr 16;19(4). pii: E1206 (co-corresponding).
ㆍ Cipolla GA, Park JK, Lavker RM, Petzl-Erler ML. Crosstalk between Signaling Pathways in Pemphigus: A Role for Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in p38 Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Activation? Front Immunol. 2017 Sep 5; 8: 1022.
ㆍ Peng H, Park JK, Lavker RM. Eyeing Autophagy and Macropinocytosis in the Corneal/Limbal Epithelia. Autophagy. 2017 May 4;13(5):975-977. (co 1st author).
ㆍ Peng H, Park JK, Lavker RM. Autophagy and Macropinocytosis: Keeping an Eye on the Corneal/limbal Epithelia. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017 Jan 1;58(1):416-423. (co 1st author).
ㆍ Park JK, Peng H, Yang W, Katsnelson J, Volpert O, Lavker RM. microRNA-184 exhibits angiostatic properties via regulation of Akt and VEGF signaling pathways. FASEB J. 2017 Jan 1; 31(1):256-265.
ㆍ Park JK, Peng H, Katsnelson J, Yang W, Kaplan N, Dong Y, Rappoport JZ, He C, Lavker RM. microRNAs-103/107 coordinately regulate macropinocytosis and autophagy. J Cell Biol. 2016 Dec 5;215(5):667-685.
ㆍ Kim JH, Badawi M, Park JK, Jiang J, Mo X, Roberts LR, Schmittgen TD. Anti-invasion and anti-migration effects of miR-199a-3p in hepatocellular carcinoma are due in part to targeting CD151. Int J Oncol. 2016 Nov;49(5):2037-2045.
ㆍ Cipolla GA, Park JK, de Oliveira LA, Lobo-Alves SC, de Almeida RC, Farias TD, de S Lemos D, Malheiros D, Lavker RM, Petzl-Erler ML. A 3'UTR polymorphism marks differential KLRG1 mRNA levels through disruption of a miR-584-5p binding site and associates with pemphigus foliaceus susceptibility. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016 Oct;1859(10):1306-13.
ㆍ Park JK, Yang W, Katsnelson J, Lavker RM, Peng H. microRNAs enhance keratinocyte proliferative capacity in a stem cell-enriched epithelium. PLoS One. 2015; 10(8): e0134853.
ㆍ Peng H, Park JK, Katsnelson J, Kaplan N, Yang W, Getsios S, Lavker RM. microRNA-103/107 family regulates multiple epithelial stem cell characteristics. Stem Cells. 2015; 33(5):1642-56. (co 1st author).
ㆍ Lee SH, Nam JK, Park JK, Lee JH, Min DS, Kuh HJ. Differential protein expression and novel biomarkers related to 5-FU resistance in a 3D colorectal adenocarcinoma model. Oncol Rep. 2014; 32(4):1427-34.
ㆍ Kim TW, Cui R, Jeon YJ, Lee JH, Lee JH, Sim HS, Park JK, Fadda P, Tili E, Nakanishi H, Huh MI, Kim SH, Cho JH, Sung BH, Peng Y, Lee TJ, Luo Z, Sun HL, Wei H, Alder H, Oh JS, Shim KS, Ko SB, Croce CM. Long-range interaction and correlation between MYC enhancer and oncogenic lncRNA CARLo-5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014; 18;111(11):4173-8.
ㆍ Elgamal OA, Park JK, Gusev Y, Azevedo-Pouly AC, Jiang J, Roopra A, Schmittgen TD. Tumor Suppressive Function of mir-205 in Breast Cancer Is Linked to HMGB3 Regulation. PLoS One. 2013; 2;8(10):e76402. (co 1st author).
ㆍ Park JK, Kogure T, Nuovo GJ, Jiang J, He L, Kim JH, Phelps MA, Papenfuss TL, Croce CM, Patel T, Schmittgen TD. miR-221 silencing blocks hepatocellular carcinoma and promotes survival. Cancer Res. 2011; 71(24): 7608-16.
ㆍ Park JK, Henry JC, Jiang J, Esau C, Gusev Y, Lerner MR, Postier RG, Brackett DJ, Schmittgen TD. miR-132 and miR-212 are increased in pancreatic adenocarcinoma and target the retinoblastoma tumor suppressor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011; 406(4): 518-23.
ㆍ Henry JC, Park JK, Jiang J, Kim JH, Nagorney DM, Roberts LR, Banerjee S, Schmittgen TD. miR-199a-3p targets CD44 and reduces proliferation of CD44 positive hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010; 403(1): 120-5. (co 1st author).
2018 ~ 현재, Oncology Letters, Editorial Board Member
2006 – 현재, 미국 암학회 (AACR)
2012 – 현재, 미국 안과 및 시과학회 (ARVO)
미국 고든 리서치 세미나 의장 (Cornea, Biology & Pathobiology of the Gordon Research Seminar, 2016년)
콘텐츠 담당자 : 바이오메디컬학과